[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] FW: China California Heart Watch

prehealth prehealth at ucmerced.edu
Tue Apr 3 13:09:08 PDT 2012

Hello Students,

    I have attached an internship opportunity. For more information visit www.chinacal.org

________________________________

From: dimsummelon at gmail.com [mailto:dimsummelon at gmail.com] On Behalf Of megan lung
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 11:30 PM
To: prehealth at ucmerced.edu
Subject: China California Heart Watch

To whom it may concern,

I am writing on behalf of the China California Heart Watch, a 501(c)3 organization founded at the University of California at Irvine. China Cal is offering several unique internships to undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing careers in public health, medicine, and/or research. I would greatly appreciate it if you could send out the following information to your premedical and/or pre-health listservs.

Here is the short explanation that we have been sending to university listservs:

China California Heart Watch

Description:   Pre-med? Interested in public health? Want hands-on experience helping run rural clinics in China? The China California Heart Watch is a 501(c)3 public charity whose mission includes medical research, teaching and clinical care in rural Yunnan Province, China.

International Medical and Public Health Opportunity - China Cal will be hosting an international internship program where students will assist in a screening and treatment of high blood pressure and heart disease program for adults and school children living in rural townships. Participants will travel and work with faculty from Kunming and Dali Universities, as well as Dr. Robert Detrano, Professor of Medicine/Cardiology at the University of California, Irvine

When and where:  June, July, August, September & December 2012 in rural Yunnan Province, China

Please contact Megan Lung at meganlung at gmail.com <mailto:meganlung at gmail.com>  if you have any questions.

--

Let me know if this is possible.  Thank you and let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Megan Lung

Co-Director of Recruitment

China California Heart Watch