[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] MCAT Scholarship Apps Due February 20

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Thu Feb 9 14:46:34 PST 2023

Message forwarded on behalf of Proton Guru MCAT Prep:
I'm happy to let you know that we are kicking off the third year of our MCAT scholarship call! I am a faculty member<https://www.clemson.edu/science/academics/departments/chemistry/about/profiles/rhett> at Clemson University reaching out to other science faculty and advisors about a personal effort to improve access to health professions.
Test preparation programs can cost thousands of dollars and provide a decided advantage to those who can afford them. Last cycle we offered 248 full scholarships for MCAT prep programs (list of 2021-22 winners)<https://www.proton.guru/scholars>
This spring we plan to offer at least 100 additional full scholarships. We are especially trying to get scholarships to students from groups underrepresented in health professions, first-generation college students, and all students with any financial need.
Scholarships are available for both On-demand and instructor-guided intensive programs (4-, 8- or 14-week) with official AAMC resources and thousands of practice questions.
The average student scores in the 82nd percentile on the MCAT after one of the prep courses.
Current applications are due February 20. Program details and the scholarship application for students can be found at this link<https://www.proton.guru/scholarships>. The application is a simple form and should take a student <10 minutes to complete.
Students can also evaluate my free full MCAT Organic Chemistry course<https://pgsolutions.thinkific.com/courses/mcat-organic-chemistry> to see if they like the format. Anyone can ’enroll’ for free to access this free course and it covers all the organic topics listed on the official MCAT outline.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Rhett Smith

--