[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Introducing the Cedars-Sinai Master's Degree in Health Delivery Science (MHDS)

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Wed Apr 5 08:26:54 PDT 2023

Message forwarded on behalf of the Cedars-Sinai Master's Degree in Health Delivery Science (MHDS):

[signature_1460745010]

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well. As co-director of the Cedars-Sinai Master's Degree in Health Delivery Science (MHDS)<https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/education/graduate-school/masters/mhds.html> program, I wanted to make you aware of our WSCUC-accredited graduate program which was established in 2017 to train tomorrow's healthcare leaders. The MHDS program may be a valuable option for your students who are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare.

Our program's unique blend of coursework and experiential learning opportunities is ideal for pre-health students who seek additional experience in healthcare before starting a clinical degree. Each year, we enroll many students who use the program to gain meaningful and applied skills to bolster their future applications before applying to professional schools.

Some highlights about the MHDS program include:

  *   20-month program where courses are primarily taught online in the early evenings
  *   Students are embedded within teams operating at Cedars-Sinai-one of the largest nonprofit academic healthcare organizations and currently ranked #2 in U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals" Honor Roll
  *   The curriculum prepares graduates for a successful career in emerging healthcare fields, including digital health science, mobile health, health technology assessment, "big data" analytics, therapeutic virtual reality, performance improvement, health economics, and health equity
  *   Allows students to gain hands-on expertise in data visualization, decision-analytic and health-analytic software programs-immediately applicable skills
  *   In addition to recent undergrads, our students also include research coordinators, lab technicians, biomedical engineers, management assistants, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, a former White House Intern, and even a physicist

Our application deadline is 5/31/2023.  We are also hosting our final open house on 4/26/2023 at 12p PT and students can RSVP for the event by clicking here<https://myemail.constantcontact.com/--Last-open-house--Join-us-to-learn-how-to-become-a-leader-in-healthcare-.html?soid=1133663809962&aid=NCXTftPFa9c>.

Thank you very much and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Chris

Christopher V. Almario, MD, MSHPM
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Karsh Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Health Services Research Scientist, Cedars-Sinai Center for Outcomes Research and Education (CS-CORE)
Co-Director, Master's Degree Program in Health Delivery Science

[signature_88412571]
116 N. Robertson Blvd., PACT, Suite 800
Los Angeles, CA 90048

IMPORTANT WARNING: This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. Thank you for your cooperation.