[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] LMSA / SNMA Pre Health Conference

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Thu Mar 10 13:26:35 PST 2022

Message forwarded on behalf of LMSA / SNMA Pre Health Conference:

I am part of the Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) and Student National Medical Association (SNMA). We are hosting a Virtual Pre-health Conference in April for any undergraduates interested in learning more about the health field.

We also know that applying to medical school can be costly and a barrier for some. That is why we would also like to share that we have the Tommy Hand Scholarship available, and the recipient is usually awarded at the conference. We highly recommend all those that are attending the conference to apply.

I attached the event flyer and scholarship information for reference.

We, Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) and the Student National Medical Association (SNMA) would like to invite you to the 20th Annual UCI LMSA and SNMA Pre-Health Conference. Our annual conference brings together experts from a wide range of disciplines who are passionate about addressing health issues affecting Latino, African Americans, and other underserved communities. Our seminars and scheduled events are structured in a way that will allow our underserved attendees to leave the conference with a stronger passion for fulfilling their dreams of becoming health professionals.

The event will take place virtually on Saturday, April 2, 2022.<webextlink://The%20event%20will%20take%20place%20virtually%20on%20Saturday,%20April%202,%202022.>

Our conference activities include:

-Women in medicine panel

-Post-Bacc panel

-Minorities in Medicine Panel

-Community College Pipeline program

-Introduction to missions-based program

-MCAT Workshop

-Suturing workshop

-Simulation and ultrasound workshops

-AMCAS workshop

-AND MORE…

If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out to me directly at the contact info below.

Thank You,

Juan Pablo Hoyos, BA, MS1
UC Irvine School of Medicine
Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community (PRIME-LC)
jphoyos at hs.uci.edu<mailto:jphoyos at hs.uci.edu>
661-877-6083

This message may contain confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, do not use, distribute, or copy this e-mail. Please notify the UC Irvine Health – Compliance and Privacy Office via email at hacompliance at uci.edu<mailto:hacompliance at uci.edu> or by phone 888-456-7006 immediately if you have received this e-mail in error. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.