[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] CHASING MEDICINE FUTURE PHYSICIAN PIPELINE EVENT ON FEB 12 2022

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Thu Jan 20 13:14:07 PST 2022

Message forwarded on behalf of Chasing Medicine:

We are Chasing Medicine, an organization devoted to giving students from underrepresented backgrounds in medicine the tools they need to succeed on their journey to a career in medicine.  We are currently led by a group of 5 second year medical students at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. As part of our mission we offer free resources for application readiness, personal statement review, and interview practice sessions. You can read more about us on our website at chasingmedicine.org<https://www.chasingmedicine.org/the-mission>

As part of our initiative to aid students with their journey to medicine we will be hosting a Pipeline Event on Saturday, February 12, 2022  from 10 am EST  to 3 pm EST  via Webex! During the event we will have physician guest speakers, a panel discussing the road to medicine with panelists in each stage of the process, and a panel discussing non-traditional paths to medicine. Finally, we will have games teaching students about the medical school application and fields in medicine with prizes! You can watch last year’s event here<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YlsNQw5xxKpY8j-9JweLC7P8nTuDLzKc/view?usp=sharing>.

The registration form can be found here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScHcImdtUYm_8Pb9zAz3uzt0GecIi0Pi0T38jnUDN45_T3vnQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>! And the webex link to join the day of, will be sent out closer to the event. Don’t worry, once you RSVP, we’ll be sure to send you a reminder as well.

Please feel free to see our IG<https://www.instagram.com/chasingmedicine_/?hl=en> or email us at contact.us at chasingmedicine.org<mailto:contact.us at chasingmedicine.org>

Sincerely,

Chasing Medicine Board

[cid:image002.png at 01D80DFF.99B99E90]