[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] UCSF-Fresno HeaL Mobile Clinic February Volunteer Opportunities

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Thu Feb 3 08:14:17 PST 2022

Message forwarded on behalf of UCSF-Fresno HeaL Mobile Clinic:

Good Morning Everyone!

As some of you have noticed, we have opened volunteer opportunities for the month of February! Most of the aspects of our clinic have stayed consistent since Mackenzie's last update, however, we have actually switched MABs (monoclonal antibodies). Instead of Regeneron's MAB therapy we're going to begin using Astrazeneca's MAB Evusheld (a copackage of tixagevimab and cilgavimab). Since this MAB is used for prophylaxis in those moderate to severely immunocompromised, we're also looking more in depth to the antiviral pill by Pfizer, Paxlovid. If you're more interested in any of these treatments feel free to ask about them while volunteering!

On that note, if you are interested in volunteering, I've attached the information below! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mackenzie (Mackenzie.Saephanh at ucsf.edu<mailto:Mackenzie.Saephanh at ucsf.edu>) or myself (Linvillen0 at gmail.com<mailto:Linvillen0 at gmail.com>) at any time.

Location:  550 East Shaw Avenue Fresno, CA 93710 – UC Extension Center

(Please make sure to park in the employee parking lot on the side of the building in front of Bank of America. Upon arrival, you will enter the double doors where the UCSF Fresno tents are located. Let a staff member know that you are a volunteer and ask for Nick or Myself if we are available. You will need to be let in by staff to sign-in.)

SIGN-IN: On the eventbrite confirmation email, there is a link to the HIPPA training as well as a COVID-19 screening form(only needs to be completed one time). THIS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOU  VOLUNTEER. There will be a physical sign-in sheet where you will sign-in and record your temperature. There is a QR code that you will scan that will lead you to an electronic sign-in sheet (the screening form will also be linked to the sign-in if you did not complete this beforehand). Make sure to complete all three forms.

If you are unable to make it, please let us know as soon as possible. Please make sure to cancel your Eventbrite ticket as well.

Please bring a mask and attire you will be able to move freely and comfortably in. Scrubs are allowed.

Please register for volunteering slots using the link found below.

Please do not sign-up if:

1.    If you are currently experiencing, or have experienced in the past 14 days: fever 100.4 F or greater, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, chills, head or muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea

2.    close proximity to anyone experiencing the above symptoms or has tested positive in the past 14 days

3.    you have tested positive or are waiting to receive test results

4.    have been on a commercial flight or traveled outside of the U.S. in the past 14 days

5.

Volunteer duties will be:

·       Site Setup

·       Traffic Control

·       Breakdown

·       Patient Observation

Please use the link below to register:

https://cepvaccinationnew.eventbrite.com

Have a Great Day!
--
Nicholas Linville (He/Him/His)
B.S. Biology, Minor Psychology | California State University, Fresno