[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] UCSF Fresno COVID-19 Equity Project Volunteer Opportunities

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Fri Mar 5 16:07:59 PST 2021

Message forwarded on behalf of UCSF Fresno COVID-19 Equity Project:

**Please read through the entire email**

We still have spots available for volunteering at our Main site for the month of March and have now opened up our April dates as well. Your role as a volunteer is extremely important while the vaccines are being administered. Keep in mind that everything can be very fast paced and changes may happen very quickly. Always be alert and ready!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact Nick or myself at any time.

SIGN-IN: We are implementing a new sign-in system. Please make sure you complete this. On the eventbrite confirmation email, there is a link to the HIPPA training as well as a COVID-19 screening form. THIS MUST BE COMPLETED THE NIGHT BEFORE YOU VOLUNTEER. There will be a physical sign-in sheet where you will sign-in and record your temperature. We will also have QR codes posted at the Main site and mobile sites. This will lead you to an electronic sign-in sheet (the screening form will also be linked to the sign-in if you did not complete this beforehand). Make sure to complete all three forms. Also, we will be keeping track of volunteer attendance and hours, however, please make sure to keep record of your hours as well for your own future use.

If you are unable to make it, please let us know as soon as possible. Please make sure to cancel your eventbrite ticket as well.

Volunteering opportunities are available under the Fresno COVID Equity Project at the Main location. Free COVID-19 testing for the public is still being offered on Friday and Saturday mornings from 8-10 AM. Vaccinations are now being offered in accordance with Fresno County Tier Guidelines.

If you are planning on contacting your family with regards to receiving the vaccine, please note that anyone who is wanting to be vaccinated MUST fall within the tier guidelines and MUST bring ID and proof of employment in the form of a paystub, W2, or badge. There are no exceptions to this.

When arriving to volunteer, please park in the parking lot on the east side of the building across from the Bank of America. Please bring a mask and attire you will be able to move freely and comfortably in. Scrubs are allowed.

Please register for volunteering slots using the link found below.

Requirements: Complete the HIPAA training found in your confirmation email before volunteering (only needs to be done once).

Please do not sign-up if:

1.    If you are currently experiencing, or have experienced in the past 14 days: fever 100.4 F or greater, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, chills, head or muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea

2.    close proximity to anyone experiencing the above symptoms or has tested positive in the past 14 days

3.    you have tested positive or are waiting to receive test results

4.    have been on a commercial flight or traveled outside of the U.S. in the past 14 days

Volunteer duties will be:

· Site Setup

· Traffic Control and screening patients

· Vaccine Runners

· Breakdown

· Patient Observation

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ucsf-fresno-mobile-heal-covid-19-equity-project-cep-tickets-124649567211

Best,
Mackenzie Saephanh
She/her/hers
Director of Outreach UCSF Fresno Mobile HeaL Clinic
CSM BOND ISA
Peer Mentor
College of Science and Mathematics
[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1F8wCUtEkNH-iOOvrezIX_GIAYfrbfzci&revid=0B6R1bMZwuZ_EMitDSnMvcEFhbnYwaVl3c3djcWNxTE56L1pVPQ]