[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] You're Invited! LMSA National 2021 Conference

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Mon Nov 30 13:37:15 PST 2020

Message forwarded on behalf of the Latino Medical Student Association:

Our names are Cesar Hernandez and Yamileth Murillo and we are medical students at Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine. We serve as members of the Outreach Committee for the Latino Medical Student Association’s 16th Annual National Conference / 37th Annual LMSA West Conference. We are currently recruiting students, pre-medical, undergraduate and recent graduates with interests in health sciences and Latino health to attend our Virtual Conference hosted by OHSU School of Medicine and UC Irvine School of Medicine on March 12-14, 2021. This conference is geared towards undergraduate students for mentorship.

The theme of this year’s conference is: “Potenciar el cambio: Empowering Interconnection in Healthcare to Create Change”. The theme speaks to the unique role we as future physicians have in advocating for our patients. Additionally, we want to emphasize the need to work collaboratively as a community as we work to curb the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. Through our conference, we hope that students will be inspired to enter into healthcare professions as well as be provided with career development and leadership skills.

Events include a virtual residency fair for medical students and physicians, workshops for pre-health students on Saturday and Sunday on the healthcare needs of the Latino community, student leadership training, health care policy, and various forms to take action, and a graduating Senior Gala. Please find conference information and the link attached below.

If pre-medical students register for a one-year LMSA Membership ($5 fee), registration for our conference will be free before the 15th of December, 2020! More details below.

Thank you and we hope to see you present at the conference.

Register to be an LMSA Member at: LMSA National Membership <http://national.lmsa.net/register.html>

Register for the conference at: 37th Annual LMSA West Conference Eventbrite Registration Link <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/potenciar-el-cambio-lmsa-national-west-regional-conf-2021-attendees-tickets-117876940101>

  *   As stated earlier, register for a $5 year-long membership. Enter your email as a promo code, then get a free conference ticket. Note: You do not need to be a member to attend.

Sincerely,

Cesar Hernandez and Yamileth Murillo
Outreach Committee
Latino Medical Student Association, Western Region
MD Candidates, '24 Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine
hernaces at ohsu.edu<mailto:hernaces at ohsu.edu> , murilloa at ohsu.edu<mailto:murilloa at ohsu.edu>
Follow us at: http://lmsa.net/west/ | https://www.facebook.com/LMSA.West | https://twitter.com/lmsa_west