[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Volunteer Opportunity for UCM students

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Wed Sep 11 14:46:47 PDT 2019

Message forwarded on behalf of Project GROW:

We are looking for student volunteers to screen Medi-Cal patients for one of our community projects.

This would be a great opportunity for students in the pre-med/pre-health field.

If students are interested they can fill out the google docs interest form by Friday September 13th.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQHEMTuvlVPyybRa_17AjoHLuSqA2By4GLLj2TK8xeKooDnw/viewform?usp=sf_link
[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/n0XpTv_eeWxsPDq4ad0rzrOcBbAIis-f0AHpJ4_JhhgnOJoUvLFH0OY5Bj9zQKarDhU=w1200-h630-p]<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQHEMTuvlVPyybRa_17AjoHLuSqA2By4GLLj2TK8xeKooDnw/viewform?usp=sf_link>
Screening Interest Form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQHEMTuvlVPyybRa_17AjoHLuSqA2By4GLLj2TK8xeKooDnw/viewform?usp=sf_link>
We need student volunteers who can help us to identify patients who may lack food for themselves and their family so we can then help them get food. We students that want to and are comfortable to serve people and families in poverty and to work in medical and social service waiting rooms. We need students that are friendly, bilingual (ideally in Spanish but Hmong may help too), and are not afraid to ask sensitive questions about hunger and food security.
docs.google.com

I am also attaching the flyer.

Thank you in advance,
Christina Celis