[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Screening: "The Providers"

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Tue Sep 10 13:31:43 PDT 2019

Message forwarded on behalf of the Center for Medical Education and Health Sciences:

We are thrilled to invite you to the screening of the film "The Providers".  As you may know, UC Merced's own Dr. Nancy Burke was a consultant for this documentary and we are very excited to have the opportunity to show this film on campus.

After the screening of the film our panelists will discuss the physician shortage affecting the Central Valley from a legislative perspective, local health clinician perspective and a public health perspective.

The Providers:  Set against the backdrop of the physician shortage and opioid epidemic in rural America, "The Providers" follows three healthcare providers in northern New Mexico. Amidst personal struggles that reflect those of their patients, the journeys of the providers unfold as they work to reach rural Americans who would otherwise be left out of the healthcare system.

When: September 16, 2019

Where: UC Merced, COB2 130

Time: 6 pm

For more information contact: