[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Stanford Medical Scribe Fellowship - Opportunity for Aspiring Health Professionals

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Mon Nov 18 10:00:15 PST 2019

Message forwarded on behalf Stanford Medical Scribe Fellowship:

My name is Anthony Duong, and I am the program lead for Stanford’s Medical Scribe Fellowship. I want to share with you an exciting learning opportunity that will be available on our campus.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
Anthony

====

Call for Applications: Stanford Medical Scribe Fellowship

Stanford’s Clinical Observation and Medical Transcription (COMET) Fellowship is a one-year post-baccalaureate program designed for highly motivated students interested in pursuing a career in the health professions. We are looking for academically strong candidates with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. We offer fellows an intensive, direct patient care experience before applying to medical school, physician assistant school, nursing school, or other graduate school in the healthcare field.

Medical scribing is a unique, unparalleled opportunity for prospective healthcare students to build clinical experience by observing and participating directly in-patient care. Fellows are trained in medical terminology and clinical documentation. They work side-by-side with faculty physicians as certified medical scribes, seeing patients together at Stanford Health Care Clinics. The COMET program provides fellows with invaluable career mentorship from Stanford faculty physicians, as well as the opportunity to engage in research or other scholarly pursuits.

Prospective fellows can apply to be a medical scribe in 12 specialties:

Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, Palliative care, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, Radiation Oncology, Addiction Medicine, and Cardiothoracic Surgery.

Go to http://med.stanford.edu/comet.html for more information or to submit an application. For questions, please contact us at cometscribe at stanford.edu<mailto:cometscribe at stanford.edu>. Applications open on November 15, 2019. The application deadline is February 17, 2020.

Anthony Duong, MPH
COMET Program Lead
Continuity Clerkship Coordinator
Primary Care & Population Health (PCPH)