[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] UCI Travel-Study Opportunities for Summer 2012

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Fri Jan 13 10:02:59 PST 2012

Study Biological Sciences abroad this summer with UCI Travel-Study! Enrollment spaces are filling; avoid disappointment and enroll <https://summer.uci.edu/courses/tse/login.aspx>  today!

*Chile <http://www.summer.uci.edu/travelstudy/chile/> :

·         Earn upper-division UCI units in Biological Sciences while abroad in South America this summer.

·         Study at the esteemed Universidad Andrés Bello

·         Courses taught by expert local faculty from Chile

·         All students enroll in General Microbiology and Lab

*Course syllabi are available for download on the 'Study' tab of each Program page on our website <http://www.summer.uci.edu/travelstudy/> .

Our programs are open to all UC students. They also:

·         Offer  pre-approved UCI courses and units

·         Are open to all class levels and majors

·         Do not require knowledge of a foreign language (with the notable exception of Spanish language immersion tracks in Argentina)

·         Include a complete itinerary of field trips, overnight excursions, and special events

Short-term Travel-Study opportunities allow students to enroll in UCI courses and earn pre-approved UCI units abroad. Courses are taught in small classroom settings that are ideal for discussion and debate. They are also structured to take advantage of the unique opportunities provided by the host country and campus, allowing students to learn both inside the classroom and on location. All the courses are taught in English, with the exception of the Spanish language immersion tracks in Argentina. Find courses <http://www.summer.uci.edu/travelstudy/academics/>  that can help you graduate early and complete General Education or Breadth Requirements.

For more information about our 2012 Travel-Study programs, and to download course syllabi, please visit: www.summer.uci.edu/travelstudy

2012 programs are scheduled to take place in:

·         Europe: England, The Mediterranean, and Italy

·         South America: Argentina and Chile

·         Asia:  Japan, Korea, and Southeast Asia

We make it easy to apply with our 5-minute application. No essays. No letters of recommendation.

Sign-up to receive our most current Travel-Study catalog by mail along with eNews containing important dates and information about our Travel-Study Programs at: http://www.summer.uci.edu/travelstudy/requests/

We are here to help! Feel free to contact us at any time with your questions or to receive more info! Contact our office via email travel-study at uci.edu or call (949) 824-4270.