[Yose-calnat] Announcing the Yosemite (and East Side!) California Naturalist Course 2017!

Anne Kelly akelly5 at ucmerced.edu
Thu Apr 27 15:33:52 PDT 2017

Hi all,

We’ve finalized dates for the Yosemite+ California Naturalist Course for 2017!

Course dates: Sunday, October 1 through Saturday, October 7

This year, we’ll have the adventure of experiencing California natural history on both the west and east side of the Sierra Nevada!  The course will start in Yosemite at the UC Merced Yosemite Field Station (http://snrs.ucmerced.edu/)  We’ll spend October 4 exploring the immense diversity of ecology, geology, and climate as we cross Tioga Pass from Yosemite Valley to Mammoth Lakes.  We’ll spend the remainder of the course at the UC Santa Barbara Sierra Nevada Aquatic Research Lab (http://vesr.nrs.ucsb.edu/), just outside the town of Mammoth Lakes.  This is the first year and the first CalNat course to offer such a range of California natural history.

Applications:
Due: July 15
Confirm participation: August 15

We’re finalizing our cost estimates and scheduling details for the course, and those announcements will be made here on this list. Stay tuned, and we’re looking forward to exploring with you!

Sincerely,
Dr. Anne Kelly

---
Director, UC Merced Yosemite and Sequoia-Kings Canyon Field Stations
7799 Chilnualna Falls Rd  |  Wawona, CA 95389
office  209-375-9917  |   cell  209-628-1064