[TMWorkshops] Teaching Matters Workshops - Next Week

Anali Makoui amakoui at ucmerced.edu
Thu Jan 7 17:30:23 PST 2016

Hello,

We will be offering the entire set of Teaching Matters workshops next week
(plesae see the schedule below). All workshops will be offered again
throughout the upcoming spring 2016 semester, though that schedule has not
been finalized yet.

Regards,
Anali

*Wednesday, January 13, 2016*
9:30am-10:20am - Setting Expectations
10:30am-11:20am - Classroom Challenges
11:30am-12:00pm - Lunch
12:00-12:50pm - Grading Effectively
1:00pm-1:50pm - The TA and the IOR Role: Communicating Effectively

*Thursday, January 14, 2016*
9:30am-10:20am - Critical Thinking
10:30am-11:20am - Active Learning Strategies
11:30am-12:00pm - Lunch
12:00-12:50pm - Best Practices for Large Classrooms
1:00pm-1:50pm - Best Practices for Small Group Discussion

*Friday, January 15, 2016*
9:30am-10:20am - (Backward) Curriculum Design
10:30am-11:20am - Designing Rubrics
11:30am-12:00pm - Lunch
12:00-12:50pm - Instructional Assessment and Student Evaluations
1:00pm-1:50pm - How to Write a Teaching Statement

Please use this link
<https://ucmerced.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_esTbcZ2x2kPWFN3> to register
for any of the workshop(s) that you would like to attend.

*Notes:*

   - All sessions will be held at the Bobcat Lair (KL 169).
   - Materials will be emailed to those registered, the day before the
   corresponding workshop.
   - Lunch (usually mushroom pizza and pepperoni pizza) may be served,
   depending on the number of registered participants. We will email those
   registered the day before to let them know whether lunch will be provided
   or they should bring their own.
   - Coffee/tea will be provided.

Anali Makoui, Ph.D. in Applied Physics
Associate Director, Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning
University of California, Merced
AoA 112
209.228.2310
cetl.ucmerced.edu

To view my meeting availability and/or to directly set one up, please visit:
http://anali.youcanbook.me/