[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] The Funding the Future Physicians scholarship

Vanessa Ortega vortega4 at ucmerced.edu
Tue Oct 3 16:02:46 PDT 2023

Message forwarded on behalf of Funding the Future Physicians Initiative Scholarship & Extended Deadline:

Greetings,

I trust this email finds you in good health. We are enthusiastic to tell you about our Funding the Future Physicians Initiative. Funding the Future Physicians Initiative (FTFP), funded by Genentech and led by the 15 White Coats, is a comprehensive program aimed at increasing diversity in medicine. It focuses on preparing underrepresented minority students from HBCUs, Hispanic-Serving Institutions, and Indigenous-serving Institutions for medical school by providing them with essential tools, resources, and mentorship. This six-month virtual cohort program covers MCAT preparation, mentorship, personal statement development, interview readiness, culturally-sensitive mental conditioning, and offers financial aid exceeding $5,000 to each of the 50 participating students. Beginning in November 2023, the initiative also collaborates with U.S. medical schools to enhance the visibility and readiness of its students.

The application window for Funding the Future Physicians scholarship has been extended to October 15th!

Here's a link directly to the application<https://the15whitecoats.submittable.com/submit> and a link to the page that tells you more about the program<https://www.the15whitecoats.org/scholarship-application>. On the program page, you will find a link to the information webinar<https://youtu.be/idfeNmvPqMs?si=86oQYI8yGcQ85T5e> that was completed on August 15th.

If you have any inquiries or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at any time, and I will respond promptly.

Please share this information with your students.  We are looking forward to changing the face of Medicine with you!

Attached is a student flyer with active links to the application page.

Best regards,

Carleah Joseph
Executive Administrative Assistant
The 15 White Coats