[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] COACH Mentor Program - Information Meeting

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Wed Sep 28 09:49:01 PDT 2022

Message forwarded on behalf of the Office of Medical Education:

Good afternoon Pre-Med Students,

The Office of Medical Education will be piloting an online mentoring program for students in high school Healthcare CTE programs utilizing current UCM Pre-Med student volunteers. The program will begin in the spring, but we are recruiting volunteers now so that they can be interviewed and trained. We are looking specifically for sophomores and higher who plan to apply for med school. The commitment is for one hour per week plus two Saturdays, one for training and for a family orientation and a closing ceremony on campus on Bobcat Day.

There is a QR code on the attached flyer that links to the application. To complete the application, you will need three references and a recommendation letter.

We will be having two information sessions in the next few days to provide more information about the program and answer questions about the application process:

Thursday, September 9th at 3 p.m. in Koligian Library - Rm. 232

Wednesday, October 5th at 12 p.m. in Koligian Library - Rm. 397

Thanks for your interest and please don't hesitate to contact me at crush at ucmerced.edu<mailto:crush at ucmerced.edu>.

Best regards,

Charles Rush

Health Science Outreach Manager

Office of Medical Education

University of California, Merced

[cid:image001.png at 01D8D31F.86C34260]

Charles rush
Program Manager, Health Sciences outreach
OFFICE OF medical education

Email: crush at ucmerced.edu<mailto:crush at ucmerced.edu>

550 E Shaw Avenue| Fresno, California 93170
hire.ucmerced.edu | 209-504-7668

BUILDING THE FUTURE IN THE HEART OF CALIFORNIA