[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] UC Berkeley-UCSF Black Pre-Health Student Conference Interest Form

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Mon Mar 7 14:45:25 PST 2022

Message forwarded on behalf of UC Berkeley-UCSF Black Pre-Health Student Conference:

To whom it may concern,

My name is Eyiwunmi Laseinde and I am part of the Black Students in Health Association at UC Berkeley and serve as the President. I am emailing you to invite students from your school to attend our upcoming 2022 Black Pre-Health Student Conference! We are working in collaboration with the UC Berkeley-UCSF Joint Medical Program White Coats for Black Lives Chapter and the UCSF School of Medicine PRIME-US Program and Latinx Medical Student Association!

This conference aims to provide quality speakers, workshops, and activities that encourage Black students to continue to pursue a career in health/medicine. We hope that students feel empowered to continue on their path as a result of having attended the conference. In particular, we will be highlighting Black healthcare professionals in order to celebrate their innovation and contributions to the healthcare field. Our audience is primarily Black students but all pre-health students are encouraged to attend our conference.

The conference is planned to take place on Saturday, April 16th, 2022 from 10 AM - 4:30 PM PST. We are currently working on a hybrid model where students can tune in via Zoom but can also come in person to the UC Berkeley campus (the exact location will be announced later)!

If you are interested in attending the conference, please fill out this Google Form<http://tinyurl.com/bsha22conference> by Monday, March 14th, 2022. This form is primarily to gauge interest and we will be sending an official RSVP form as a follow-up!

I will also attach a flyer that can be used to spread the word! Please let us know if you have any questions/comments/concerns!

Best,

Eyiwunmi Laseinde | President
The Black Students in Health Association (BSHA)
University of California, Berkeley
[cid:image001.png at 01D83231.FA136130]