[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] MiMentor Central California October & Early November Events

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Wed Oct 20 08:24:47 PDT 2021

Message forwarded on behalf of MiMentor Central California:

Hello all,

Please see below for a list of MiMentor Central California's events for the month of October and early November. These events are a great way to learn, network, and connect with the speaker to meet your next mentor. Looking forward to seeing you there.

TWM: How to Be a Resilient Pre-PA
Wednesday, October 20th from 5:30-6:30 pm.
[cid:image001.png at 01D7C58B.EFCB67D0]

Are you a pre-PA student? Do you want to gain insight on how to be a competitive pre-PA student? Then this event is for you!

During this collaborative event between MiMentor and the Fresno State Pre-PA Club, attendees will have the opportunity to meet Flora Rodriguez<https://www.mimentor.org/members/828617>, a current PA-S3 at the UC Davis PA Program and Fresno State Alumni. This event will allow attendees to expand their awareness of the PA Profession and also gain relevant knowledge on how to be a successful pre-PA student.

For more information, please visit us at https://www.mimentor.org/events/twm-how-to-be-a-resilient-pre-pa?instance_index=20211021T003000Z
TWM: Study Skills for Success in Science Classes
Friday, October 29th from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM

[cid:image002.png at 01D7C58B.EFCB67D0]

Event Description:

Are you a student struggling in pre-health science courses? Do you want to improve your current study skills, and perhaps learn new ones?

Join our TWM: Study Methods for Success in Science Courses to hear from our speaker and to learn more!

As pre-health students, we often spend several hours studying for a science course but struggle to retain the information. This can affect our ability to understand and apply the information not only on tests but in the courses to follow. Join us for an evening of mentorship with our Guest Speaker: Rey Berry, MS3 UCSF SJV PRIME, and Fresno State Alumna.  During this event, she will share the skills that allowed her to be a successful medical school applicant and the skills she has developed throughout her medical experience at UCSF SOM. Through this event, students will learn about habits, skills, and techniques to help them effectively learn, study and retain content presented in rigorous science courses, especially those needed to pursue a career in healthcare.

This event is open to all pre-health students who are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare and even those that are not and are just in science courses, but it will have a focus on courses that are common prerequisites for health careers.

For more information, please visit us at https://www.mimentor.org/events/twm-study-skills-for-success-in-science-courses?instance_index=20211030T010000Z <https://www.mimentor.org/events/twm-study-skills-for-success-in-science-courses?instance_index=20211030T010000Z>
TWM: Summer Programs Panel
Tuesday, November 2nd from 7-9 pm.
[cid:image003.png at 01D7C58B.EFCB67D0]

Looking for something to do next summer? This is your opportunity to learn more about summer programs for 2022!

The purpose of this event is to support future health professionals by exposing them to new topics in medicine. The panel will discuss summer programs such as UCLA Medical Preparation and Education Pipeline Program (MEDPEP), the Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP), UC Davis Prep-Medico, the Health Career Connections (HCC) Program, UCSF LCOE Aspiring Physicians Program and many more that can help support undergraduate students by sharing the application process, the program's description, tips, and additional resources.

For more information, please visit us at https://www.mimentor.org/events/twm-summer-programs-panel-17771137?instance_index=20211103T020000Z

Very best,

 [MiMentor - Apps on Google Play]

Sohan Banerjee