[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Upcoming MiMentor TWM events for PreHealth students

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Mon Nov 29 09:37:49 PST 2021

Message fowarded on behalf of MiMentor:

TWM: How to be a Competitive College Applicant
[cid:image001.png at 01D7E504.C4B1DE60]

Join us during this TWM: How to be a Competitive College Applicant

We know that pursuing a higher education can be scary and we want to help. We are thrilled to present 4 incredible panelists who have gone through the application process and enrolled in a 4-year college or graduated from one. Please join us in hearing their inspiring stories and the advice they have to give to those of you who are pursuing higher education!

Any Questions, email Maria Lopez at L.maria0319 at gmail.com<mailto:L.maria0319 at gmail.com>

RSVP HERE: https://www.mimentor.org/events/twm-how-to-be-a-competitive-college-applicant?instance_index=20211204T010000Z

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWM: Applying to Medical School
[cid:image002.png at 01D7E504.C4B1DE60]

Do you plan on applying for the upcoming 2022-2023 medical school application cycle? Need help understanding the AMCAS and AACOMAS application process or just want more information?

Join our Together We Mentor (TWM): Applying to Medical School to hear from our guest speakers and to learn more!

Join us for an evening of mentorship with our guest speakers: Griselda Aguilar<https://www.mimentor.org/members/519495>, MS1 and Lizbeth G<https://www.mimentor.org/members/565712>, OMS1. During this event our speakers will share their experience with applying to medical school and break down the AMCAS and AACOMAS application.

Through this event, our speakers will share what AMCAS and AACOMAS is, go over each application process and how they prepared to apply to medical school. They will go over the general timeline of the application process and provide tips on navigating applications.

This event will be an opportunity to provide mentorship to aspiring pre-med students. This event will demonstrate the importance of preparing early to be ready when the new medical school application cycle opens up.

This event is open to all pre-health students who are interested in learning about medical school applications, but is geared towards pre-medical students.

Questions? Email Vanessa Valencia at v.valencia104 at gmail.com<mailto:v.valencia104 at gmail.com>

RSVP HERE: https://www.mimentor.org/events/twm-applying-to-medical-school?instance_index=20211218T180000Z

Best,
[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1-Vo-JNM0GPoxZYoLonc644r2WUIuC5Jj&revid=0B_AnU3z01qkKcWZ2UDZwaC9BMnI0UXlaS2hlSFUxN2JIRmtZPQ]