[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] July Volunteer Opportunities

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Fri Jun 25 13:21:15 PDT 2021

Message forwarded on behalf of UCSF HEaL:

Good Afternoon Everyone!

We have now opened up volunteering opportunities for the month of July and are excited to have you all with us! There have been many changes made within the last few months so please stick with us throughout this entire email.

HOURS OF OPERATION HAVE CHANGED:

We have recently changed our hours which means our volunteer shifts have changed as well. Our official hours of operation are now Monday through Sunday. Monday as well as Wednesday - Sunday we operate from 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM while Tuesday we operate from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Volunteer Shifts  are from 7:00 AM to 11:30 AM (morning shift) and 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM (afternoon shift) on Monday and Wednesday - Saturday. This mirrors the employee schedule so that you are able to stand in for the morning huddle and it will give Nick and myself time to station you. There will not be volunteer opportunities on Sunday or Tuesday at this time. We also have a 30 minute overlap to allow the PM shift to sign-in and cover your position so it is not left alone. Please try to remain at your station until the PM shift comes in (if there is one). Feel free to park in Parking lot C with the employees. No parking permit is required.

Hiring:
As some of you are aware, UCSF is hiring. However, it has been brought to my attention by the supervisors that there have been volunteers frequently approaching employees and the supervisors regarding the position, hiring process, and status of their application. Please refrain from doing this any further. Per the supervisors' request, in order to apply and be interviewed, a volunteer must have both the approval from Mackenzie and myself.

Dress Code:
We understand that it is getting warmer and the shifts are in the later half of the day. You are more than welcome to take breaks during your shift and help yourself to any of our cold water or treats we have inside our break rooms during your shift. We do ask that you still refrain from wearing any clothing that may be revealing. Scrubs are the most optimal, however if you do not have scrubs, you are more than welcome to wear a regular shirt or jeans. Please no shorts, crop tops, skirts, or muscle tees. Remember that you are a representative of the UCSF Fresno Covid-19 Equity Project when you volunteer and it reflects on the patients. This is also for your protection in the case of any accidental spills or mishaps. Failure to comply may result in being sent home for your shift. The hours will not be counted.

As the clinic expands, we have to become more strict in our policy and management. We do enjoy having you all and want everyone to make the most of the opportunity and enjoy themselves while they are out there with us. We appreciate all of you and the time you have dedicated to us.

SIGN-IN:

Please make sure you complete the sign in process. On the eventbrite confirmation email, there is a link to the HIPPA training as well as a COVID-19 screening form. THIS MUST BE COMPLETED THE NIGHT BEFORE YOU VOLUNTEER. There will be a physical sign-in sheet where you will sign-in and record your temperature. We will also have QR codes. This will lead you to an electronic sign-in sheet (the screening form will also be linked to the sign-in if you did not complete this beforehand). Make sure to complete all three forms. This is located in room 120 inside the Language Arts building. We will be keeping track of volunteer attendance and hours, however, please make sure to keep record of your hours as well for your own future use.

Please do not sign-up if:

1.    If you are currently experiencing, or have experienced in the past 14 days: fever 100.4 F or greater, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, chills, head or muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea

2.    close proximity to anyone experiencing the above symptoms or has tested positive in the past 14 days

3.    you have tested positive or are waiting to receive test results

4.    have been on a commercial flight or traveled outside of the U.S. in the past 14 days

Volunteer duties will be:

· Site Setup

· Traffic Control

· Breakdown

· Patient Observation

Please use the link below to register:
https://cepvaccinationnew.eventbrite.com

Sincerely,
--

Nicholas Linville
B.S. Biology, Minor Psychology California State University, Fresno

Director of Outreach<tel:Director+of+Outreach> | UCSF-Fresno Health, Education, & Learning (HeaL) Mobile Clinic<tel:UCSF-Fresno+Health,+Education,+&+Learning+(HeaL)+Mobile+Clinic>

http://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/medical-student-programs/mobileheal/

He/Him/His