[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Touro University California Diversity Open House

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Tue Jan 19 10:17:21 PST 2021

Message forwarded on behalf of Tour University California Diversity Open House:

I hope this email finds you well during these uncertain times. I am a current student at Touro University California College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM) in Vallejo. We are hosting our first ever Virtual Diversity Open House! For this event, we are inviting all prospective medical school applicants to attend. We highly encourage medical students who are considered underrepresented in medicine to join us for information about our diversity related initiatives and programs.

Students will have an opportunity to meet with our current medical students, as they discuss the ongoing efforts to promote diversity initiatives at our medical school and within the greater Vallejo community.

Representatives from the following groups will be presenting:

—Marginalized Community Health Subcommittee

—Black Interprofessional Student Organization

—Rainbow Health Coalition

—Latino Medical Student Association

—White Coats 4 Black Lives

—Muslim Student Association

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions! Thank you so much in advance.

Sincerely,

Rachel Hieb, MS
D.O. Candidate 2024, Touro University California
Meditation Chair - Integrative Medicine Club
Social Media Coordinator - Rainbow Health Coalition
Gender Pronouns: She/Her/Hers