[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Invitation to the LMSA National (Virtual) Conference Research Symposium 2021

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Mon Nov 16 13:30:00 PST 2020

Message forwarded on behalf of Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) West Region;

The Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) West Region is excited to announce the 16th Annual LMSA National Conference, Potenciar el cambio: Creating Interconnection in Healthcare to Create Change to be held virtually on March 12-14, 2021. This conference is one of the largest student organized and led events and it is geared towards medical students, undergraduates and high school students who are passionate about the healthcare needs of underrepresented communities at large. The theme of this year's conference speaks to the unique role we as future physicians have in advocating for our patients.

The conference is being organized by medical students at Oregon Health & Science University and UC, Irvine School of Medicine.

The conference consists of:

  1.  Multiple panels and workshops on key topics in healthcare such as healthcare policy, structural racism, student leadership training, chronic disease and allyship.
  2.  Residency and medical school exhibitor fair
  3.  Research Symposium (Call for abstracts is attached to this email)
  4.  Gala/Awards ceremony

Registration Link: Sign up Here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/potenciar-el-cambio-lmsa-national-west-regional-conf-2021-attendees-tickets-117876940101>

Early bird pricing ends on December 14, 2020.

Research Symposium Link: Abstract submissions here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10CAuRZwLIb8Yw0OliAP1aFFNClQSVOWZk9rb7OLcPWQ/edit> , see call for abstracts attached

Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself at yeseniam9 at gmail.com<mailto:yeseniam9 at gmail.com> or my co-chair Armin Takallou at takallou at ohsu.edu<mailto:takallou at ohsu.edu> if you have any questions.

Best,

Yesenia Martinez MS4 and Armin Takallou MS1 (Research Symposium Organizers)