[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] 36th Annual Latino Medical Student Association Conference 2020

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Tue Jan 7 09:28:38 PST 2020

Message forwarded on behalf of the Latino Medical Student Association West Region:

My name is Carina Mireles-Romo and I am a medical student at the University of CA Irvine School of Medicine. I serve as the Vice President of Conference for the Latino Medical Student Association West Region. Our chapter is recruiting students, pre-medical, undergraduate and recent graduates with interests in health sciences and Latino health to attend our LMSA West regional yearly conference hosted by UC Irvine School of Medicine on March 13-14, 2020. This conference is geared towards undergraduate students for mentorship.

The annual conference inspires students to enter into healthcare professions and provides career development and leadership skills to current health care professional students. The theme of this year’s conference is: “Potenciar el cambio: Empowering Interconnection in Healthcare to Create Change”. The theme speaks to the unique role we as future physicians have in advocating for our patients.

Events include a residency fair for medical students and physicians on Friday evening and workshops for pre-health students on Saturday on the healthcare needs of the Latino community, student leadership training, health care policy, and various forms to take action, and a graduating Senior Gala. Please find conference information and link attached below.

We have limited funding available for students needing assistance traveling who can reach out to us. Additionally, MiMentor graciously sponsors the “Get on the Bus” campaign to transport students to and from the conference from set locations in Northern CA to Irvine free of charge.

Thank you and we hope to see your students present at the conference.

Register at: 36th Annual LMSA West Conference Eventbrite Registration Link<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/36th-annual-lmsa-west-regional-conference-uci-school-of-medicine-tickets-76693918575>

Sincerely,

Carina Mireles-Romo
VP of Conference
Latino Medical Student Association, Western Region
MD Candidate, '21 UC Irvine School of Medicine Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community (PRIME-LC)
MPH Candidate, '20 UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
VP_conference at lmsa.net<mailto:VP_conference at lmsa.net>
Follow us at: http://lmsa.net/west/ | https://www.facebook.com/LMSA.West | https://twitter.com/lmsa_west