[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] AMSA's 1st General Meeting

UCM Prehealth prehealth at ucmerced.edu
Mon Feb 3 08:59:34 PST 2020

Attention all Pre-Meds!

     The American Medical Student Association (AMSA) will be hosting its first meeting of the semester on Wednesday, February 5th at 6:30 pm in COB1 120. Our first meeting will focus on a presentation from some of our members who went on a global health trip in the Philippines over the winter break. Come hear about the experiences they had seeing medicine being practiced in a different country and learn about how you can take part in a global health trip next school year.

       AMSA provides you an opportunity to learn about how to get into medical school, how to get involved in volunteering, research, shadowing, etc., how to conduct yourself as a professional, and to hear from alumni and health professionals about their experiences and advice for undergrads. AMSA also allows you to meet other like-minded pre-meds who share your aspirations and ambition, and who are there to support in your journey to becoming a doctor. Lastly, joining AMSA will promote your growth as a med-school applicant, as a professional, and as an individual while being surrounded by others who want you to succeed. We hope to see you there!

Best,

Pre-Health Advising Mentor

School of Natural Sciences

S&E1 Rm 270