[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] WesternU COMP Virtual ShaDO Day - Monday April 20, 2020

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Wed Apr 8 09:44:29 PDT 2020

Message forwarded on behalf of Western University of Health Sciences:

Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Student Osteopathic Medical Association (WesternU COMP SOMA) is hosting a virtual ShaDO Day on Monday April 20, 2020. ShaDO Day is normally in person and an opportunity for pre-medical students to shadow our DO students and get a glimpse of what a day in the life of a medical student is like. Unfortunately, in light of the COVID-19 situation and in accordance with public health recommendations, ShaDO day 2020 is cancelled. However, in its place, we would like to host a virtual Q&A session.

Details for the event are below:

When: Monday April 20, 2020 5:00pm Pacific Time

Zoom link: https://westernu.zoom.us/j/640270965

Please do not click on this link until 10 minutes before the meeting starts.

What: Brief introduction to WesternU COMP and osteopathic medicine followed by a Q&A session. We will have multiple medical students available to answer all of your questions!

Please fill out this google form so that we can get an estimated number of attendees: https://forms.gle/QLonj1KmPVAucyRc7

If you are a Pre-SOMA member, you may receive an email from National SOMA as well. Please follow their instructions and fill out any forms they send separately from ours.

Are you not a Pre-SOMA member? Sign up for free for access to more National Pre-SOMA events. Register here: https://studentdo.org/pre-soma/pre-soma-membership/. You do NOT have to be a pre-SOMA member to join this event but it has perks!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Alicia Lunardhi at alicia.lunardhi at westernu.edu<mailto:alicia.lunardhi at westernu.edu>.

Thank you for your help and we look forward to meeting you! I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

Best,

Alicia Lunardhi, BS

OMS-I, Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific

Pre-SOMA Director, WesternU COMP Student Osteopathic Medical Association

(858) 408-5864

alicia.lunardhi at westernu.edu<mailto:alicia.lunardhi at westernu.edu>