[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Study Skills for Success in Science Class

UCM Prehealth prehealth at ucmerced.edu
Fri Aug 30 10:49:50 PDT 2019

Hello Pre-Health Students!

As pre-health students, we often spend several hours studying for a science course but struggle to retain the information. This can affect our ability to understand and apply the information not only on tests but in the courses to follow.

In a collaboration between MiMentor and UC Merced’s Pre-Med Central club, they are bringing you a day of mentorship with UC Davis M.S.4 Enid Picart, UC Merced alumna. During this event, she will share the skills that allow her to be a successful medical school applicant and skills she has developed throughout her medical experience at UC Davis School of Medicine.

[cid:c4a92d4a-062a-4c47-94c4-0b6014a02cb3]

When: Saturday, September 7th

Time: 12 PM – 2 PM

Where: UC Merced

Room: SSB 170 (Student Service Building)

RSVP REQUIRED: https://ucmercedstudymethods.eventbrite.com<https://ucmercedstudymethods.eventbrite.com/>

Dress code: Business Casual

Objectives:

•       Learn study skills for science classes.

•       Learn how to apply those study skills when studying for the MCAT, PCAT, DAT or other health entrance exams.

•       Learn the importance of certain classes – why are they pre-requisites for Health Professional Schools?

•       For students to learn from the obstacles faced as a pre-medical student and how to overcome them.

•       Students can ask their questions by gaining a one-on-one mentoring experience.

To learn more about the speaker, visit: www.mimentor.org<http://www.mimentor.org/>

Questions: Email Lizbeth Gasga at lizgasga at gmail.com<mailto:lizgasga at gmail.com>

Best Regards,

Pre-Health Advising Mentor