[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] UCSF Pharmacy Post-Baccalaureate Program Now Open!

UCM Prehealth prehealth at ucmerced.edu
Fri Apr 26 14:28:58 PDT 2019

Message Forwarded Upon UCSF School of Pharmacy Post-Baccalaureate Program:

The 2019-2020 UCSF School of Pharmacy Post-Baccalaureate Program application is now open. We are pleased to announce that for the first time we are offering scholarships for this program!

View our Post Baccalaureate Program Video<https://ucsfpharmacy.university-tour.com/player/14/uniquely-ucsf/post-baccalaureate-program> to learn more

Who should apply?

Individuals who have been unsuccessful in gaining admission to pharmacy school or who have completed the required undergraduate course work, but feel they need more background before initiating the pharmacy school application process. We are especially interested in individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds, underserved communities and/or from groups traditionally underrepresented in the profession.

What is included?

·         Two semesters of upper-division coursework offered through UC Berkeley Extension

·         PCAT preparation course

·         Personalized support in preparing an application to the UCSF School of Pharmacy

·         Seminars on topics in health care and opportunities to learn about the field of pharmacy

·         Opportunity to work with on a Continuous Quality Improvement project with other post-bac students and UCSF preceptors

·         Regular meetings with School of Pharmacy staff and faculty to monitor progress

Success rate?

·         97% of those who entered the post-bac program, successfully completed it

·         89% of those who completed the post-bac program, were admitted to a professional school

·         90% of those who were admitted to a professional program, were admitted to UCSF

To access the online application, visit our website: https://pharmd.ucsf.edu/admissions/postbacc. The application deadline is May 15, 2019.

Pre-Health Advising Mentor

School of Natural Sciences

S&E1 Rm 270