[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Pre-Meds Needed for UC Davis School of Medicine SJV PRIME Project

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Mon Aug 14 10:28:56 PDT 2017

Message forwarded on behalf of UC Davis San Joaquin Valley PRIME:

In the summer of 2017 the UC Davis San Joaquin Valley PRIME class of 2020 started a research project focused on reducing the physician shortage in the San Joaquin Valley. The goal and overarching objective is to help address the physician shortage in the Valley by identifying key factors and motives for residents in selecting a residency in the Valley and identifying factors that influence retention. These factors may help identify points of interventions for having residents come and stay in the Valley. Not all residents were surveyed during this time and we will now be working closely with several pre-medical students at our different locations that will play a fundamental part in data collection and completing our study. These findings will be provided to the respective residency directors for your respective programs as well as presented at this year's annual PRIME conference. The site the student will be helping us with is Mercy Medical in Merced and it is a good opportunity for them to collaborate with us and potentially get his/her name on any presentation at conferences and potential publications!

Any students that may be interested can contact josacosta at ucdavis.edu<mailto:josacosta at ucdavis.edu>

Thank you,

Jose Acosta
UC Davis School of Medicine