[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] ScribeMerced application

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Mon Sep 26 10:25:08 PDT 2016

Message forwarded on behalf of ScribeMerced:

A medical scribe is a part of the healthcare team that writes the visit note in real time while the doctor is seeing the patient. This allows the doctor to more fully focus on the patient and not be burdened with so much paperwork after their shift. To be a scribe, one needs to know SOAP note format, medical terminology, common medications and labs, and more. ScribeMerced's focus is to teach students what they need to know to be a very competent medical scribe, then place them in a local medical office to get experience as a scribe. The training takes about a semester. The knowledge and active experience scribes gain in a medical setting makes them more competitive for pre-health graduate programs. Our goal is to simultaneously benefit students and the local medical community with our organization.
The application to join our second cohort of medical scribe trainees live at our website: http://scribemerced.com/. The deadline for submission is on Thursday, September 29th at 11:59 pm.