[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Berkeley Optometry - Summer Opto-Camp Now Accepting Applications

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Mon Mar 24 10:39:21 PDT 2014

The Admissions and Student Affairs Office at UC Berkeley's School of Optometry is pleased to announce that we will host our 9th annual summer Opto-Camp program!  We will offer two sessions this summer, June 18-20 and July 16-18.
Open to all, the goal of Berkeley Optometry's Opto-Camp is to provide pre-health science/pre-optometry majors, especially those who are underrepresented in the profession and/or first-generation college students, with in-depth information about Optometry as a career track and to prepare attendees to be successful applicants to optometry school.
Please note that there is a $125 program fee for those selected to attend, however, we are also offering a limited amount of scholarships per session.
Program specifics and the application are linked here:
http://optometry.berkeley.edu/admissions/opto-camp<http://optometry.berkeley.edu/opt_txtpp/admissions/admitoptocamp.html>
The application deadline is Monday, April 28, 2014.
Please share with anyone who you think might be interested to apply! Questions about Opto-Camp can be directed to Heather Iwata (hiwata at berkeley.edu<mailto:hiwata at berkeley.edu>).
Heather Iwata
Associate Director of Admissions and Student Affairs
UC Berkeley School of Optometry
380 Minor Hall
Berkeley, CA.  94720-2020
http://optometry.berkeley.edu<http://optometry.berkeley.edu/>

[ph] (510) 642-9537
[f] (510) 643-7111
[em] hiwata at berkeley.edu<mailto:hiwata at berkeley.edu>

GO BEARS!

Do you really need to print this e-mail?