[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Public Health Opportunity

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Mon May 7 14:10:23 PDT 2012

Please see below a message from Cindy Valencia at the Merced County Public Health Department.

-----

We have a new student opportunity around the California Department of Public Health's Communities of Excellence in Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Prevention (CX3) food environment assessment in South Merced City (East and West), Livingston, Los Banos, Dos Palos and Winton. We are recruiting volunteers to collect in-depth information about what is available in neighborhoods related to food access in stores (e.g. grocery, supermarkets, and convenience/corner stores) and fast food restaurants, as well as conducting walkability assessments. Volunteers must participate in a CX3 training. The CX3 training details and survey dates to follow.

For further information please contact Cindy Valencia <cvalencia at co.merced.ca.us>