[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Be a Medical Student for a Day; CFHI Global Health Education Opportunity

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Fri Mar 23 16:34:13 PDT 2012

AMSA ARC/UCD connects you with enriching pre-medical opportunities and with the annual pre-medical and pre-public health conference.

Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser <http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=563c7a0b05&e=2a0ac669e7> .

 <http://gallery.mailchimp.com/c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0/images/MailChimp_logo_v02.jpg>

Be a Medical Student for a Day

About the Event

*	Would you like to experience what is like to be a medical student?
*	Would you like to sit in a real medical school class and experience the learning process?
*	Would you like to meet medical students from UC Davis?

Then attend this all-day event at UC Davis School of Medicine, where you will sit in classes with UC Davis medical students, hear lectures, engage in small group discussions, and hear a lecture on what it takes to be a Doctor from the Dean.

This is more than just a one-hour tour of the medical school. It's an experience of being a medical student and getting a picture of what medical school is all about. The entire day will be spent at UC Davis Medical School. You will have the opportunity to talk to the faculty, meet the Dean of Admission, and receive a tour of the school. In addition, we'll be paired with a medical student for the day, have the opportunity to attend classes, and engage in small group discussions with them.

This is a great opportunity to experience medical school and talk to medical students and faculty.

How to Register
Friday April 13, 2012
08:00 AM - 01:00 PM
UC Davis Medical School
Cost: $10 (includes lunch)

Register Now! <http://amsaarcucd.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=7b70646180&e=2a0ac669e7>

Deadline to Register is Monday April 9, 2012 at 11:55pm or until sold out.

You will receive a confirmation e-mail and instructions by Tuesday April 10, 2012 at 8pm.
Space is Limited to 45 students [First come, first served]
Limit ONLY ONE ticket per customer.

Rules
No substitutions, exchanges or refunds. No trading or selling tickets to others. We expect everyone to behave in a professional manner. We expect you to be pay attention to the class, sit up straight, not sleep, not do homework; don't act bored, or draw attention. If you are unable to follow the above statements, we ask you not to come. We will also ask you to leave the premises if this occurs. We apologize for having to write this, but in the past, people have acted this way on our trips, and we have not been invited back.

Dress Code
We expect you to dress appropriately and professionally. You do not need to wear a suit, but we ask you to wear something appropriate and professional. No T-shirts, jeans, or clothes with holes in them. You are guests at the medical school, and the way you dress will show how much you appreciate the hospitality of students and faculty there.

Example:

*	Men: Slacks (no jeans), button up shirt, Leather or polishabe dress shoes (no sandals).
*	Women: Slacks or Skirt, shirt, blouse, and dress shoes (no sandals).

Eligibility
This opportunity is only open to any pre-med student that is 18 years of age or older.

Child Family Health International

CFHI Staff will be conducting live CFHI Program Information Webinars on Wednesday March 14th at 2pm Pacific/ 5pm Eastern, and Thursday March 29th at 5pm Pacific/ 8pm Eastern.

All interested in learning more about CFHI Global Health Education Programs are invited to call in and follow along online as staff and CFHI alumni talk and take questions about:

*	CFHI's 20+ programs in 5 countries,
*	2012 Dates and Deadlines,
*	How CFHI Supports Local Communities Abroad,
*	Our newest Intensive Beginner Spanish Program,
*	Effective CFHI Fundraising Tools,
*	CFHI Scholarship Opportunities (upcoming deadline June 1st).

To Participate

*	March 14th @ 2pm Pacific/ 4pm Eastern: Click to Register <http://amsaarcucd.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=c02ff8c8d3&e=2a0ac669e7> ,
*	March 29th @ 5pm Pacific/ 8pm Eastern: Click to Register <http://amsaarcucd.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=34bc570975&e=2a0ac669e7> .

You will receive an email follow up with information on how to join the conversation. For more information visit our webinar info page <http://amsaarcucd.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=8af0e1a92f&e=2a0ac669e7> .

About CFHI
CFHI - Socially Responsible Global Health Education Programs: Child Family Health International (CFHI) is a nonprofit that offers socially responsible Global Health Education Programs for health sciences students of all levels. Through CFHI participants go on 4-16 week placements alongside local physicians in underserved communities. Participants rotate through clinics and hospitals, attend medical lectures, and become immersed in the healthcare system of the community. CFHI is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the ECOSOC of the United Nations.

Questions?
Email students at cfhi.org <mailto:students at cfhi.org>  or call 415-957-9000.
CFHI's Facebook Page: http://facebook.cfhi.org <http://amsaarcucd.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=eb98ae0fde&e=2a0ac669e7>
CFHI on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cfhi <http://amsaarcucd.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=1ee9ba01d2&e=2a0ac669e7>

 <http://gallery.mailchimp.com/653153ae841fd11de66ad181a/images/sfs_icon_facebook.png>

Friend on Facebook <http://amsaarcucd.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=79abf4ee6e&e=2a0ac669e7>

 <http://gallery.mailchimp.com/653153ae841fd11de66ad181a/images/sfs_icon_twitter.png>

Follow on Twitter <http://amsaarcucd.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=04d9c1e5ce&e=2a0ac669e7>

 <http://gallery.mailchimp.com/653153ae841fd11de66ad181a/images/sfs_icon_forward.png>

Forward to a Friend <http://us1.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=563c7a0b05&e=2a0ac669e7>

 <http://gallery.mailchimp.com/653153ae841fd11de66ad181a/images/transparent.gif>

Bid for the Kaplan MCAT Complete Test Prep Package!

Deadline:
March 26 at 11pm
 <http://gallery.mailchimp.com/c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0/files/kaplan.png>

This auction is for a complete Kaplan Preparation Package worth $3,197! This includes: Kaplan MCAT Advantage Onsite Preparation Course (valued $2,199), Kaplan Verbal Edge Online (valued $499), Kaplan Complete Science Review Online (valued $499).

Bid Now! <http://amsaarcucd.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=90fc09bee0&e=2a0ac669e7>

Buy Essential Pre-Med Books!

 <http://gallery.mailchimp.com/c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0/images/books.png>
Great selection of premed books recommended by Deans of Admission from top U.S. medical schools.

Browse Now! <http://amsaarcucd.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=1a53159df2&e=2a0ac669e7>

 follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook <http://amsaarcucd.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=67bcf6a66a&e=2a0ac669e7>  | forward to a friend <http://us1.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=c601a314b955db590d73fbfa0&id=563c7a0b05&e=2a0ac669e7>

Copyright C 2012 AMSA ARC/UCD, All rights reserved.
Your are on the AMSA ARC Pre-Med Network
Our mailing address is:

AMSA ARC/UCD

615 Response Drive

Davis, CA 95616