[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] UC Merced: Free Kaplan MCAT class & Free Course scholarship

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Mon Nov 7 14:53:25 PST 2011

Dear UC Merced Pre-Med students,

Can you feel it?  Now that the leaves have turned, holiday spirit is starting to brew.  This holiday season, Kaplan is feeling inspired to embrace the giving spirit.  As a result, we'd like to share a few upcoming events and resources that were created to help guide you down your path to medical school.  Think of it as our way of giving back.  As always, please help spread the word by forwarding this email to all who may benefit from it.

Thank you,

Kristin Robinson

Kristin Robinson

Campus Manager

Fresno/Merced

Kaplan Test Prep

Kristin.Mathews at kaplan.com

559-920-9183

Skype: Kristin.Fresno

1-800-KAPTEST
www.kaptest.com

In this issue:

.         Try us for FREE in November:  Attend a Free MCAT class

.         Enter for a Chance to Win a Kaplan Course

.         Play Kaplan's MCAT Question A Day

.         From the MCAT Blog: The Effects of Caffeine

.         Upcoming MCAT courses in Merced

Try us for free.

Sign up for a free, no-risk Kaplan class.

In November, come to a free Kaplan MCAT class to learn valuable test strategies from our expert faculty.  You'll be exposed to the outstanding resources, strategies, and instruction that Kaplan students experience every day.  Join us in our Classroom AnywhereT environment -- attend at your convenience, live and online.

Learn more <http://www.kaptest.com/oneoff/tryus.jhtml>  >

Win a Free Kaplan Course

Enter Kaplan's 50 Days, 100 Courses Giveaway

Sometimes, all it takes to get to the finish line is a little help upfront.  Get a head start on your road to med school with a free Kaplan course.** Kaplan has a course that will work around your schedule and your study needs. The contest begins November 1st and the final winners will be chosen on December 20th.

Enter here <http://www.kaptest.com/promotion/grad-giveaway.jhtml>  >

Play Kaplan's Free Question A Day.

Get a new practice question every day.

Think you're ready for Test Day? Find out with this fun and free way to tackle practice MCAT questions. Register to receive one sample question a day for the next three months.

*	A new MCAT-style question each day to test your knowledge and skills
*	Get complete explanations and expert strategies with every question
*	Compete against your friends to see who's really ready for test day
*	Share with your friends to unlock special bonus prizes

Learn more <https://www.freequestionaday.com/play>  >

>From the MCAT Blog

Effective Studying: The Effects of Caffeine

By Patrick Boyle, Kaplan Elite MCAT Instructor

In our recent post MCAT Study Skills: You Are What You Eat, we discussed the importance of nutrition and how this can play a critical role in effective studying. As much as you are what you eat, you are also what you drink. Anything that we consume is going to have an effect on the body in some way. Take a walk into the library during midterms and the tables will be covered with coffee, tea, and energy drinks. Caffeine and stimulants have become commonplace in our studying environments. These magical elixirs are certainly not fountains of endless studying, but could they be the key to more effective studying?

Read more <http://www.kaptest.com/MCAT/Get-Into-Med-School/blogs/medical-school-prerequisites-choosing-your-classes/%5d>  >

Upcoming MCAT courses in Merced

1/24 - 5/3     Tues/Thurs      6pm/6pm        MCFR12303C

5/1 -   7/26    Tues/Thurs      6pm/6pm        MCFR12501A

5/22 - 8/23   Tues/Thurs      6pm/6pm        MCFR12501C

 Check www.kaplanMCAT.com <http://www.kaplanmcat.com/>  for Anywhere MCAT courses (live, online classroom environment)

*MCAT is a registered trademark of the Association of American Medical Colleges.

**50 Days, 100 Courses Giveaway: No purchase necessary to enter or win. 100 entrants will be selected in six separate drawings (15 winners each in the first five and 25 in the last ) to win one (1) comprehensive Kaplan graduate admissions course enrollment (Eligible courses: GRE, LSAT, GMAT, MCAT, OAT, PCAT and DAT On Demand, Classroom AnywhereT and Classroom On Site courses held in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada). Winners must redeem course by 12/31/2012. Residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who are sixteen (16) years of age or older are eligible to enter. Enter by submitting an online entry between 12:00 a.m., 11/1/2011, and 11:59 p.m., 12/20/2011. One entry per person. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received during the promotion period. Prize not redeemable for cash value but may be transferred one time to another person provided it is redeemed prior to 12/31/2012. The entry form, the full rules and announcement of winners will be on www.kaptest.com/giveaway.  Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Test names are registered trademarks of their respective owners. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with Kaplan.