[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Health Careers Night on April 5th at 5:00

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Fri Apr 1 08:20:00 PDT 2011

From:    Paul Brown

                Professor of Public Health  at UC Merced

Re:         Health Careers Night on Tuesday, 5th April at 5:00

Hello,

I have recently joined the Faculty at UC Merced and will be helping to organize the Public Health Minor and health related courses of study. As you probably know, health is a really interesting field to study, whether it be from a natural science/biomedical perspective, one of the clinical fields (Doctors, Nurses, Dentists, etc), or one of the areas in Public Health (Health Promotion, Health Policy, Global Public Health, etc). Over the next few months, we will provide you with more information on the different areas to study and courses you might take. And there will be new classes being offered next year, including my course in the Fall of 2011 (PH 105 Introduction to the Health System). Health is a really interesting field to go into, and it will be a growing area at UC Merced.

As a way of kicking things off, we are hosting a Health Careers Night on Tuesday, 5th April at 5:00 in the California Room. We will give you an overview of the types of careers in health and try to answer questions you might have about graduate programs and what to study. If you were considering health as a career, or just curious, I hope you will come along.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at pbrown3 at ucmerced.edu.

cid:A64A4B5C-3E3F-4ED0-B77E-0757C3E3BA1E at ucmerced.edu

Paul Brown

Professor of Health Economics and Public Health

University of California, Merced

pbrown3 at ucmerced.edu