[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] UC BERKELEY'S OPTO-CAMP - CELEBRATING FIVE YEAR! Applications Now Open!

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Thu Feb 25 08:44:40 PST 2010

UC BERKELEY'S OPTO-CAMP - CELEBRATING FIVE YEAR!

The Admissions and Student Affairs Office at UC Berkeley's School of Optometry is pleased to announce that we are celebrating 5 years of our summer "Opto-Camp" program and that we will again offer two sessions this summer, June 21-23 and July 19-21.

The goal of Berkeley Optometry's Opto-Camp is to introduce underrepresented pre-health science majors to Optometry as a potential future career track and to prepare them to be successful applicants to optometry school.  The objective of Berkeley Optometry's Opto-Camp is to present a three-day "in residence" experience that will provide participants with opportunities to learn about the profession of optometry and the process of becoming an optometrist.

Please note that this year we have incorporated a $125 program fee due to budgetary constraints, however, we are also offering a limited amount of scholarships per session.

Program specifics and the application are linked here:

http://optometry.berkeley.edu/opt_txtpp/admissions/admitoptocamp.html

The application deadline is Monday, April 26, 2010.

Please share this information with your pre-optometry students and clubs.

Cheers,

Sharon Joyce

--

Sharon T. Joyce
Director of Admissions and Student Affairs

Phone (510) 642-5286
Fax     (510) 643-7111
Visit us on the web at:
http://optometry.berkeley.edu