[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Help Promote UC Berkeley's Opto-Camp!

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Thu Mar 12 16:27:43 PDT 2009

The Admissions and Student Affairs Office at UC Berkeley's School of
Optometry is pleased to announce that we will once again offer our
summer "Opto-Camp" program.  We will offer two sessions this summer,
June 15-17 and July 20-22.

The goal of Berkeley Optometry's Opto-Camp is to introduce
underrepresented pre-health science majors to Optometry as a
potential future career track and to prepare them to be successful
applicants to optometry school.  The objective of Berkeley
Optometry's Opto-Camp is to present a three-day "in residence"
experience that will provide participants with opportunities to learn
about the profession of optometry and the process of becoming an
optometrist.

Please note that this year we have incorporated a $100 program fee
due to budgetary constraints, however, we are also offering a limited
amount of scholarships per session.

Program specifics and the application are linked here:
http://optometry.berkeley.edu/opt_txtpp/admissions/admitoptocamp.html

Flyer is attached.  The application deadline is Monday,
April 27, 2009.

Sharon T. Joyce
Director of Admissions and Student Affairs
UC Berkeley - School of Optometry
Admissions & Student Affairs Office
397 Minor Hall
Berkeley, CA
94720-2020

Phone (510) 642-5286
Fax     (510) 643-7111
Visit us on the web at:
http://optometry.berkeley.edu

GO BEARS!
Want to learn more about Optometry and how to apply to Berkeley for
your OD studies? Attend our summer program, Opto-Camp, to discover
more about this dynamic profession!
For details, visit the Opto-Camp website:
http://optometry.berkeley.edu/opt_txtpp/admissions/admitoptocamp.html