[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] DEADLINE NEXT WEEK! Help Promote UC Berkeley's Opto-Camp!

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Wed Apr 22 13:09:05 PDT 2009

The Admissions and Student Affairs Office at UC Berkeley's School of Optometry is pleased to announce that we will once again offer our summer "Opto-Camp" program.  We will offer two sessions this summer, June 15-17 and July 20-22.

The goal of Berkeley Optometry's Opto-Camp is to introduce underrepresented pre-health science majors to Optometry as a potential future career track and to prepare them to be successful applicants to optometry school.  The objective of Berkeley Optometry's Opto-Camp is to present a three-day "in residence" experience that will provide participants with opportunities to learn about the profession of optometry and the process of becoming an optometrist.

Program specifics and the application are linked here:
http://optometry.berkeley.edu/opt_txtpp/admissions/admitoptocamp.html

I have also attached a flyer.

The application deadline is Monday, April 27, 2009.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Sharon

--

Sharon T. Joyce
Director of Admissions and Student Affairs

Phone (510) 642-5286
Fax     (510) 643-7111
Visit us on the web at:
http://optometry.berkeley.edu

GO BEARS!
Want to learn more about Optometry and how to apply to Berkeley for your OD studies? Attend our summer program, Opto-Camp, to discover more about this dynamic profession!
For details, visit the Opto-Camp website:
http://optometry.berkeley.edu/opt_txtpp/admissions/admitoptocamp.html