[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Pre-health Advising Newsletter #4

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Thu May 1 16:30:16 PDT 2008

May 1, 2008

PRE-HEALTH ADVISING APPOINTMENTS

For the remainder of Spring 2008:  Students are seen by appointment Monday through Friday 1pm-4pm. To schedule an appointment with Erica Robbins, health professions advisor, you may send an email to erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu listing preferred days and times.  Or, you may schedule an appointment by phone by calling 209.228.4602 or 209.228.4309.

For Summer 2008:  Students will be seen by appointment Monday through Friday.  To schedule an appointment with Erica Robbins, health professions advisor, you may send an email to erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu listing preferred days and times.  Or, you may schedule an appointment by phone by calling 209.228.4602 or 209.228.4309.

WEBSITE

The Health Professions Advising website has undergone some big changes!  Additional information on health professions is now available.  Visit: Preparation for Health Careers at UC Merced <http://naturalsciences.ucmerced.edu/2.asp?uc=1&lvl2=86&lvl3=86&lvl4=173&contentid=97>  and be sure to add it to your favorites!

HEALTH PROFESSIONS ADVISING WORKSHOP SERIES

Pre-Medicine: What it takes to be competitive

Friday, May 9 @ 2pm

COB 279

The Health Professions Advising Workshop Series will be back next fall with new topics!

ATTENTION STUDENT APPLYING TO PROFESSIONAL SCHOOLS FOR FALL 2009!!

As you may know, the application cycle for fall 2009 is beginning soon.  For those of you applying to medical schools through AMCAS, I do request that you authorize AMCAS to release information about your application, including MCAT scores, to school-designated advisors.  Your MCAT scores and application results will be held in the strictest confidence and the information will only be used for statistical purposes as we strive to improve services and curriculum.  Additionally, I have been notified that AMCAS will add UC Merced to the drop-down menu of schools.

Furthermore, if you are applying to any other professional schools, please let me know.  I am available to assist you throughout the application process.

In these early years, it is especially important for us to know to which professional schools our students are applying and being admitted.

I hope you all are doing well as the semester winds down.  Good luck with you final exams!

Erica Robbins, M.S.

Health Professions Advisor

School of Natural Sciences

University of California, Merced