[UCM LIST: Healthprofadvising-l] Pre-Health Advising Summer Update

Erica Robbins erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu
Tue Aug 5 15:48:44 PDT 2008

Pre-Health Advising Newsletter

Summer Update

August 5, 2008

PRE-HEALTH ADVISING APPOINTMENTS

For Summer 2008:  Students will be seen by appointment Monday through Friday.  To schedule an appointment with Erica Robbins, health professions advisor, you may send an email to erobbins2 at ucmerced.edu listing preferred days and times.  Or, you may schedule an appointment by phone by calling 209.228.4602 or 209.228.4309.

I'm still working on advising hours for the fall semester.  I will update you all as soon as it is finalized.

HEALTH PROFESSIONS ADVISING WORKSHOP SERIES

The Health Professions Advising Workshop Series will be back next fall with new topics!

**APPLICATION UPDATES**

If you are planning to apply to medical, dental, pharmacy or veterinary school for the Fall 2009 cycle and haven't submitted the application, please do so as soon as possible.  Individual schools have different deadlines, but the majority of schools have rolling admissions and it is in your best interest to apply as early as you can.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

I know most all of you either have a MySpace or Facebook account or both.  Just something for us all to consider.

Social Networking Could Haunt Doctors <http://www.palmbeachpost.com/state/content/state/epaper/2008/07/10/m1a_uf_study_0711.html>

I hope you all have had a great summer and I look forward to see you all when the semester gets started!

Erica

Erica Robbins, M.S.

Health Professions Advisor

School of Natural Sciences