[Analyst_community_of_practice] Analyst Community of Practice #7 sides & feedback on future meetings

Cinnamon Danube cdanube at ucmerced.edu
Mon Apr 22 09:07:02 PDT 2019

Dear colleagues,

Thanks so much to those who participated in our 7th Analyst Community of
Practice (ACOP) meeting this past Friday!  I thought it was an interesting
and informative discussion.  I've posted all of the meeting materials
(agenda and slides) in the Box folder for meeting #7 (here
<https://ucmerced.box.com/s/5cy7x7cr27obx9atyivxcje3qdmck6qd>).  Please
feel free to reach out to Gary Lowe (glowe2 at ucmerced.edu) if you have
questions about his presentation.

Our final ACOP meeting of the academic year will be on *Friday, July 19th
from noon-1:30pm in DCC190* (a Zoom link will be provided as the meeting
approaches).  Corinne Townsend in IRDS will be discussing the data
visualization tool Tableau.  Please reach out to Corinne (
ctownsend at ucmerced.edu) if you have questions about or suggestions for her
presentation - she'd really love to know what folks want to see so she can
tailor it to your needs.

Lastly, we're also looking for ideas for our four ACOP quarterly meetings
in AY2019-20 (October, January, April, July).  Please let me know if you
have ideas for meeting topics or if you're interested in being a presenter.

Thanks so much!

Best,
Cinnamon

*Analyst Community of Practice Overview*:

Institutional Research & Decision Support (IRDS) launched the Analyst
Community of Practice in 2017 and currently convenes 4 presentations/events
annually designed to engage the broader community of analysts on campus.  This
Analyst Community of Practice will provide a source of networking and
professional development for analysts on campus.  We define “analyst”
broadly as any professional who provides data or information to support
campus planning and decision making. Our goals for this community are that
analysts will (a) identify colleagues they can connect with and discuss
issues with, (b) improve their skills and exposure to new data sets and/or
data tools, and (c) as a community, work to help improve collaboration and
resource sharing across teams/units in providing data on campus.  Relevant
topics may include tools (e.g., Qualtrics, Cognos, Excel, Tableau), methods
(e.g., analytic approaches, statistical methods), and
communication/delivery processes (e.g., data visualizations, understanding
and presenting data/insights, getting buy in, facilitating collaboration,
success metrics).

*To sign up for the listserv visit*:

--
Cinnamon L. Danube, PhD
Principal Analyst
Email: cdanube at ucmerced.edu
irds.ucmerced.edu <http://ipa.ucmerced.edu>

Vice President, California Association for Institutional Research (CAIR)
cair.org